Miyopimâtisiwin Golf Tournament
June 21, 2017
Aboriginal Student Services Centre (ASSC) invites interested individuals and corporations to join us in our vision to empower U of A First Nation, Métis, and Inuit learners on their journey of higher education. Our programs are founded in a holistic model of balance in all aspects of life which means providing nutritional sustenance, experiential learning, networking, cultural connections, community outreach, academic support, Elder visits, volunteerism, fitness opportunities, dedicated housing and mentorship.
Proceeds from this golf tournament will make a direct impact on the First Nation, Métis, and Inuit learners’ mental health and well-being.
- Providing access to fitness and recreation programs designed specifically for First Nation, Métis, and Inuit learners
- Providing allowances for rent for on campus dedicated Aboriginal housing
- Providing opportunities for part time student employment and engagement
- Providing support for academic tutoring and writing mentorship
- Supplementary support for our single parents during challenging times of the year
The reason for naming the golf tournament miyopimâtisiwin
, which is a Cree term for a Good life or a Good way of living, was simple, as I view golfing as living a good life, a place of freedom and tranquility. This is simply what I dream for our First Nation, Metis and Inuit learners at the University of Alberta, that they too can live a good life of thriving in post-secondary rather than simply surviving. With your care and support I know this dream can be a reality.
Shana Dion, Director
Aboriginal Student Services Centre
Our Community Partners
Gift Bag Donor
1st Annual Golf Tournament Fundraiser
June 21, 2017 – National Aboriginal Day
Victoria Golf Course
12130 River Valley Road
Registration and Sponsorship
To sponsor the tournament and register as a golfer:
We look forward to seeing you on the green!