Transition Year Program (TYP)
The Transition Year Program (TYP) is a University access program for Aboriginal students who may not be prepared to enter a faculty through the regular admissions route. This is not an upgrading program, but a full-time University of Alberta program in Open Studies.
The objective of the program is to prepare Aboriginal students for admission into one of the following nine faculties:
We provide a variety of support services and opportunities to students in the program, including:
- Orientation to campus and academic life
- Student support, study space, and computer lab
- Advocacy for Aboriginal students
- Social and cultural events
- Individual support and referrals to social agencies
- Information pertaining to degree programs and introductions to faculty advisors
- Coordination of tutorial and study skill sessions
Due to earlier semester start dates, Open Studies has moved their document deadline to August 25th for fall admission and December 15th for winter admission. Therefore, the Transition Year Program (TYP) can no longer give conditional admission pending August diploma exam results for the Fall Term or for the Winter Term pending January exam results.
Learn more here!
Download the poster for your community!